Re: gettext-tools with g-prefix (was Re: xgettext with UI files support)

Le 03/10/15 08:26, Richard PALO a écrit :
> Two things,
>
> 1. I'll update the symlinking to use ${PKGMANDIR} instead of 'man'
>
> 2. But there seems to be a potential problem with using PKGGNUDIR in the symlinks in that it could be "" (or something else)
>    instead of "gnu/", changing the relative base.
>
>    Isn't there a way to leave the full specification in the packages and have bsd.install.mk 'record' the right "relative"
>    path instead?
>
> Observations?

I've updated http://www.netbsd.org/~richard/gettext-tools.patch
(thanks thomas for updating gettext in the meanwhile)

I'll file a bug for the issue with relative symlinks in install, it seems clear that packages should
specify the full path.  The installer, if it changes something to use relative, it should also update
what is *recorded* as installed.
--
Richard PALO