tech-pkg archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: gettext-tools with g-prefix (was Re: xgettext with UI files support)

I added back the TEST_TARGET and put in build depends for some required packages to test.

Naturally I came across a bug that is fixed in the recent 0.19.6 so I also do an update here
rather than adding a patch.  

Please see updated:

I needed to adapt a bit the post install symlinks, as I noticed during `bmake replace' not liking them,
giving the following sort of messages:
> Creating package /tmp/pkgsrc/devel/gettext-tools/work/gettext-tools-0.19.4nb1
> Full pathname symlink `/opt/local/bin/gautopoint' is target of `/opt/local/gnu/bin/autopoint' - adjusting to `../../bin/gautopoint'

> ===> Updating using binary package of gettext-tools-0.19.6
> /opt/local/sbin/pkg_add -K /opt/local/pkg -U -D /tmp/pkgsrc/devel/gettext-tools/work/.packages/gettext-tools-0.19.6.tgz
> gettext-tools-0.19.4nb1: unregistering info file /opt/local/info/
> symlink Symlink:../../bin/gautopoint is not same as recorded value, not deleting: /opt/local/gnu/bin/autopoint

If this is correct, then perhaps the other gnu utils (coreutils, binutils, gmake, etc) may
need an update as proposed in this patchset.

So with this I get:
> ===========================================================================
> Testsuite summary for gettext-tools 0.19.6
> ============================================================================
> # TOTAL: 408
> # PASS:  389
> # SKIP:  19
> # XFAIL: 0
> # FAIL:  0
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0

ps the last test (autopoint-3) is initially skipped because bmake doesn't support '--version'.

With 'USE_TOOLS+= gmake', it'll try, but fail with some autoconf errors... 
so I'll leave that to some enterprising young pkgsrc developer to work out.

I believe we should leave the test harness to catch regressions...

Richard PALO

Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index