Re: wip/tme (i.e, sun/sparc emulator)

Thanks for your quick feedback, Greg.  Below are my responses.

On Wed, 2015-01-28 at 12:02 -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Ruben Agin <phabrics%phabrics.com@localhost> writes:
>
> > I'm requesting feedback/input for the wip/tme package.  It should
> > compile on most pkgsrc-supported host platforms.  You can find
> > documentation at phabrics.com website for any brave souls who wish to
> > try it out.  This is a new package meant as an upgrade to the existing
> > emulators/tme.  Original instructions for that should still apply
> > (http://people.csail.mit.edu/fredette/tme/)  New documentation is still
> > evolving and is currently very raw, so feel free to send me any
> > questions or clarification requests.
>
> The DESCR should explain that it's a fork.  (It would be nice to have a
> COMMIT_MSG in wip so that can be looked at.)

I originally submitted the package through PR & someone else put it into
pkgsrc-wip for me.  I think I added this info with my last commit.

I added this to DESCR & also put it in the commit message itself.
I also added a MESSAGE file, but I'm not sure that's what you meant by
COMMIT_MSG.  I couldn't find this variable anywhere (I'm still new to pkgsrc).

> Have you talked to Matt?  It would be nice to have his opinion, as one
> question is if this should be a new tme1 vs replacing the old.

No, I have not.  Of course I want his opinion, if he is around.  I don't
really know how to get in touch with him, but hopefully he will see this
at some point.  I would certainly like his blessing.  My feeling is that
it should be a replacement, but he may feel otherwise and I would respect
that.

> It looks like you dropped some clang patches; presumably those are all
> rolled in (that would be in COMMIT_MSG :-) and this builds ok with clang
> too.

Sorry that I neglected to say that I had rolled in all the original patches
where applicable.  It does work with clang, without those patches.  Adding them
didn't seem to have any effect, so I left them out to simplify things.

Hope this answers things.  Let me know if there are other things I might
need to do.

Regards,
Ruben