Re: mit-krb5/builtin.mk problems on solaris

* On 2013-09-23 at 14:31 BST, OBATA Akio wrote:

> I heard that bulk build of SmartOS is set as PREFER_PKGSRC=yes, so
> such BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS changes will not be affected (pkgsrc's
> one will be always used).

Not in this case: mk/platform/SunOS.mk uses _OPSYS_PREFER to default
to the builtin mit-krb5 unless a more specific match is made, but as
I've said I'd be happy to see the API requirement be lowered back
down, as long as it is safe to do so.

On another topic:

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 21:35:47 +0900, Tim Zingelman <tez%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:

> I have never understood why in pkgsrc a package defines its own
> minimum version.  Each other package which requires mit-krb5 should be
> expressing the minimum version it finds acceptable.

This would almost certainly lead to breakage, where one package
depends on the builtin version and another depends on the pkgsrc
version, resulting in linker failure or worse, e.g. some silent
runtime incompatibility.  With Kerberos you'd also run the risk of
introducing a security vulnerability.