Re: mit-krb5/builtin.mk problems on solaris

I think that bump of BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.mit-krb5 should be reset,
it is the right solution.

Bump of BUILDLINK_ABI_DEPENDS.mit-krb5 is correct, because ABI of
libraries had been changed since 1.8.x.

In pkgsrc, only security/mit-krb5-appl depend on security/mit-krb5 directly.
others are using Kerberos through mk/krb5.buildlink3.mk.
For example, heimdal will be used instead mit-rkb5 for NetBSD by default,
and BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.heimda is 0.4e, i.e. too lower.
I don't know about mit-krb5 API changes from 1.4.x to 1.8.x, but I never seen
krb5 API issue on any of packages with builtin heimdal on NetBSD, and
it represent that any of packages require mit-krb6 1.8 API.

If buitin.mk does not exist for a package, it is not so terrible to
maitain BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS, because multiple version packages will be never
mixed,
and BUILDLINK_ABI_DEPENDS will support it.
On the other hand, if builtin.mk exists, multiple versions may be mixed
(builtin and pkgsrc),
and BUILDLINK_ABI_DEPENDS will not help it, because it will be ignored for
builtin one.
To avoid such situation, BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS must be managed carefully, for
example, minimum required
version in whole pkgsrc, or majority.

Bump of BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS is not wrong, but KRB5_DEFAULT=mit-krb5 is just
on HP-UX, Darwin and SunOS
by default in pkgsrc, so I feel it is better to allow builtin mit-krb5 on SunOS.
I heard that bulk build of SmartOS is set as PREFER_PKGSRC=yes, so such
BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS changes
will not be affected (pkgsrc's one will be always used).

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 21:35:47 +0900, Tim Zingelman <tez%netbsd.org@localhost>