Re: gcc

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 08:51:54AM +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
> At 3:01 Uhr +0000 8.8.2013, Paul Ackersviller wrote:
> >> The most common cause is when you don't use an external compiler, and
> >> of course you can't build lang/gcc* without first building its
> >> dependencies, which need a compiler...
> >
> >Not the problem here, as I've never even been able to build gcc from pkgsrc.
>
> What problems did you run into?

I shouldn't say too much since it's a year or so since I've tried,
but from what I recall many problems cascaded from python not building
on HP-UX.  Python was horribly painful to get going there last year,
but I see the current 2.7.5 looks much more promising so far.

Assuming my memory is not faulty on this, is there some good reason
why gcc should depend on python?