Circular dependency errors

Howdy folks,

I've been making pieces of pkgsrc, now and then, on hp-ux over the past
few years and invariably run across the circular dependency situation
early on.  I've reported these a couple of times but have gotten so used
to it happening that I usually just work around it and move on.

Granted, that's not the ideal way to handle things, but this is frequent
enough that I wonder whether the manual might do with some mention of
how best to handle things.  What do people think?