Re: Circular dependency errors

* On 2013-08-09 at 21:59 BST, Hauke Fath wrote:

> At 10:59 Uhr +0200 8.8.2013, Richard PALO wrote:
>
> [OpenIndiana bootstrapping]
>
> >As Jonathan indicates, I believe SmartOS simplifies this as pkgsrc is
> >more or less provided.
>
> I was tempted to give SmartOS a try, but the machine in question is an
> old-school fileserver (NFS, SMB, AFP), so the cloud orientation is probably
> not helpful.
>
> OTOH, I can spend only so much time on the OI bootstrap.

Well, I'd recommend just using my packages anyway.  If for whatever
reason the layout or options do not suit what you need, you can still
use the recent GCC version provided to bootstrap your pkgsrc install.

They are generic across all illumos distributions, thanks to
PREFER_PKGSRC (except for a few cases where packages aren't correctly
depending on e.g. libxml2 and the one from base gets picked).