Re: handling moved configuration files

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 08:12:22AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> pgsql, which has big warnings to dump/restore and think hard.  But mail
> should be simpler for users.  If there is support to convert the config
> file, and we can script doing that and parking the old one in 20 lines of
> /bin/sh, I think that's a great approach.

Your example made me think, I could perhaps just add Dovecot 2.0 as a new
mail/dovecot2 package (also since dovecot 1.x is still supported).

That will prevent issues with automated/unattended updates, and a warning
MESSAGE will be sufficient.

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  ghen%telenet.be@localhost  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F