Re: Re: Slow build times on Mac OS X

* On 2009-04-23 at 22:04 BST, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> > Actually, I think it's probably worth just defaulting to
> > pdksh on all platforms except NetBSD.
>
> Not really. Solaris 11 uses ksh93 as /bin/sh which should work
> just fine. And FreeBSD's /bin/sh should be reasonably fast
> as well.

Well, I think there may be advantages to having a standard shell across
all pkgsrc platforms and perhaps avoid some bugs along the way, as well as
knowing exactly what features we can depend upon.

It may not be the absolute fastest in some situations, but it's certainly
good enough.

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/