Re: DHCP vs RARP?

Hello der Mouse

When I convert this to a dhcpd.conf clause with multiple "hardware
ethernet" lines, it doesn't work.  I don't see any obvious complaints
anywhere, but dhcpd hands out an address as if it didn't recognize the
hardware address.  (It might work if the address is the first in the
list, or the last, or some such; I haven't experimented that much.)

is the syntax for every host/mac alright e.g. as follows, including the trailing line separator?

        host SHORT {
                hardware ethernet xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;
                fixed-address x.x.x.x;
        }

there's a point about sorting the hardware addresses in the 3.0 branch release notes line 221 *1, and that's for 3.0.5. Maybe that's it?

```
- The server's "by client-id" and "by hardware address" hash table lists
  are now sorted according to the preference to re-allocate that lease to
  returning clients.  This should eliminate pool starvation problems
  arising when "INIT" clients were given new leases rather than presently
  active ones.
```

*1 https://github.com/alandekok/isc-dhcp-3.0/blob/master/RELNOTES

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse