Re: DHCP vs RARP?

>> When I convert this to a dhcpd.conf clause with multiple "hardware
>> ethernet" lines, it doesn't work.  I don't see any obvious
>> complaints anywhere, but dhcpd hands out an address as if it didn't
>> recognize the hardware address.
> is the syntax for every host/mac alright

As far as I can tell it is.  They are all formatted the same way (not
surprising, since I generated it mechanically from /etc/ethers), and
commenting out all but one (and restarting dhcpd) makes it work for
that one.

> there's a point about sorting the hardware addresses in the 3.0
> branch release notes line 221 *1, and that's for 3.0.5.  Maybe that's
> it?

Maybe, though I'm inclined to doubt it.  I actually was surprised I
didn't get errors upon including multiple `hardware ethernet' clauses.

I'll have to dig into this more at some point.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign