Re: DHCP vs RARP?

Mouse wrote:

> When I convert this to a dhcpd.conf clause with multiple "hardware
> ethernet" lines, it doesn't work.  I don't see any obvious complaints
> anywhere, but dhcpd hands out an address as if it didn't recognize the
> hardware address.  (It might work if the address is the first in the
> list, or the last, or some such; I haven't experimented that much.)

I just use separate host entries with the same fixed-address entry which
makes for a verbose dhcpd.conf file but it works.  For example:

        host euclid {
                hardware ethernet       00:14:22:ab:ea:b6;
                fixed-address           euclid;
        }
        host euclid-wpi {
                hardware ethernet       00:13:02:8e:1e:a0;
                fixed-address           euclid;
        }

I've never checked if there's an easier/cleaner way.

Cheers,
Simon.