tech-multimedia archive

Re: Problems (panics) with using my uvideo... Help please..

Hi Jeremy,

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 12:16:05AM +0100, Jeremy Morse wrote:
> I'm seeing 0xdeadbeef pointers in some of those traces, this suggests
> something's being freed unexpectedly...
>
> One possible cause of this is a behavioral change in the usb stack,
> src/sys/dev/usb/usbdi.c, version 1.124, happened 10 days ago. How up
> to date is your source tree?

I cvs updated before building the kernels which made crash8 - B. But
I have had the problem even before 10 days ago. I first reported this
to Jared McNeil on 3rd of Octobre. But I wasn't testing the uhci
attachment back then, only the ehci one. So I've had this crash with
and without the change, although I don't know whether it will crash
with a version before the change using uhci. I will thus try this
next (going back to usb/usbdi.c:1.123, boot -c and boot -1c,
disable ehci, and look what I'll get).

Regards,

-Martin