tech-multimedia archive

Re: Problems (panics) with using my uvideo... Help please..

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 02:17:45PM +0100, Jeremy Morse wrote:
> USB_DEBUG should help - you should also enable UHCI_DEBUG. (...)

Will do.

> You've mentioned this panic occurs when you're using mplayer - does it
> fault immediately when you start mplayer, some time in the middle or
> when mplayer stops?

I don't know to be honest because I start the mplayer on another console
than is the kernel console (I have turned off ttyE0 in ttys(5)). It looks
to me as if it's crashing 'soon' though -- the light of my uvideo turns
on and a minimal time after that the panic comes.

> Also attached is a workaround patch for ehci which stops NMIs from
> being raised on my system, it'd be great if you could test this too.

Will do.

-Martin