Re: Dell PERC H330: no disks, no volumes

> There is a PERC H330 and a PERC HBA330 and the Dell PERC9 user manual
> (includes the H330) says you can boot it in HBA mode. Not sure if
> that means that you can chose the firmware.
When I set the H330 to HBA mode, it still attaches as mfii0, the only
difference to RAID mode being that the attachment in HBA mode says
	scsibus0 at mfii0: 0 targets, 8 luns per target
instead of
	scsibus0 at mfii0: 32 targets, 8 luns per target
in RAID mode.

I tried to force it to use mpii (by adding the PCI Id in mpii.c and
disabling mfii in the kernel config, but that didn't work either
(I had the faint hope the controller would use the MPT-2 protocol in
HBA mode despite showing the RAID PCI Ids).

What /does/ work is setting the controller to RAID mode and create two
volumes with a one-element RAID-0. But that feels like crazy.