Re: wsvt25 backspace key should match terminfo definition

On Thu 25 Nov 2021 at 08:01:48 -0500, Mouse wrote:
> One of my very-spare-time projects is to move input line editing out of
> the kernel.  Move it into a separate line-editor process and then you
> can choose your input line editor just as you can, today, choose your
> shell.  I'm still mulling over the design issues involved, though,

On the Amiga there was CONMAN: which could replace CON: as a console
window, and it had nice extras like line editing. It also kept track of
the user process' current directory so it could also do file name
completion.

On the V7 I used initially, a local patch had added more-like paging to
the kernel's terminal driver. Quite useful on ADM-3a terminals without
scrollback...  I never got around to add this to NetBSD, unfortunately.
But it's a lot less needed in an xterm.

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto