Re: wsvt25 backspace key should match terminfo definition

On Thu 25 Nov 2021 at 00:16:36 +0000, RVP wrote:
> Or, maybe have `erase=^?' and also a new `erase2=^H' like FreeBSD does? It
> seemed extravagant to have 2 erase chars. when I first encountered it, but,
> now I'm beginning to see why...

That's an interesting idea... historically (and I mean decades) I have
setteled on choosing one (^H) and forcing all systems I used over the
years to use this one setting, but this might be more convenient...

(And I have been thinking of switching since ^? seems more prevalent
on keyboards than ^H these days. But it would mean that I have to switch
everything over more or less at once.)

> -RVP
-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto