Re: wsvt25 backspace key should match terminfo definition

>> Or, maybe have `erase=3D^?' and also a new `erase2=3D^H' [...]
> That's an interesting idea... historically (and I mean decades) I
> have setteled on choosing one (^H) and forcing all systems I used
> over the years to use this one setting, but this might be more
> convenient...

One of my very-spare-time projects is to move input line editing out of
the kernel.  Move it into a separate line-editor process and then you
can choose your input line editor just as you can, today, choose your
shell.  I'm still mulling over the design issues involved, though,
since a lot of the line-editing programs want to do program-specific
stuff like completion (of filenames, of command names, of internal
keywords, whatever).  Of course, there's xkcd-927 risk....

With a bit of care, it should even be possible to make it usable by
programs that currently have to do their own input line editing (such
as a curses IRC/ICB client); it's always bothered me that input line
editing is sometimes done by the kernel and sometimes done by userland,
and, except when the same person did both (and sometimes even then),
they never seem to quite match up.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign