Re: Proposal, again: Disable autoload of compat_xyz modules

Le 26/09/2019 à 19:39, Martin Husemann a écrit :
Btw: I find it very strange that this proposal has no concrete proposal.
What compat options exactly do you want to disallow from auto loading?
What exact sysctls and semantics do you have in mind?

My proposal is the same as Taylor's, as I said in the initial email.

However, maybe keep the NetBSD-specific compat enabled as far as
compat_50 or compat_60.

The semantic is the one I stated in the initial email: the use of
kernel modules, now that this is doable in practice.