Re: Proposal, again: Disable autoload of compat_xyz modules

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 07:21:17PM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> As I have proposed. MUSL+LTP for catching functional regressions/bugs
> AND fuzzing to catch crashes can be good enough to keep it trusted. The
> kernel certainly needs a lot of bug fixes, but instead of disabling this
> crucial feature it is better to find a way to make it more trusted.

Indeed. If we have a toolchain in pkgsrc (or some commparable easy setup)
and a test suite, we can build more trust for some compat feature.

This is quite easy for the COMATP_NETBSD_$N options, but extremely hard for
others. We should get this going for some COMATP_NETBSD_$N and COMPAT_LINUX
at least (and maybe make it a QA requirement to keep such options alive
or add new ones).

Btw: I find it very strange that this proposal has no concrete proposal.
What compat options exactly do you want to disallow from auto loading?
What exact sysctls and semantics do you have in mind?

Martin