Re: svr4, again

Le 20/12/2018 à 00:40, Warner Losh a écrit :
On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 4:38 PM <maya%netbsd.org@localhost <mailto:maya%netbsd.org@localhost>> wrote:

    On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 11:01:27AM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
     > FreeBSD ditched SYSV maybe 2 years ago, but
     > we still have IBCS in the tree because people are still using it (last we
     > checked) and bug fixes / reports are still trickling in...
     >
     > Which is a long way of saying 'be careful' :)
     >
     > Warner

    That statement lasted all of a few hours.

    https://v4.freshbsd.org/commit/freebsd/src/342242

I had no idea this was going to happen so quickly...

Warner

In the end, do we need to be this careful?

Note that our compat_ibcs2 isn't available on x86; it used to, until one or
two years ago, when it was still enabled by default on i386. It was then
removed, as part of the Great Cleanup following defcon.

Today, compat_ibcs2 is really only for Vax.