Re: svr4, again

Le 19/12/2018 à 13:46, Maxime Villard a écrit :
Le 18/12/2018 à 21:38, Christos Zoulas a écrit :
In article <CAMnsW54J8y8j2E7c=LxU0MKLzeB5xpuYfSZdO0ooTaRg8K+iog%mail.gmail.com@localhost>,
Jaromír DoleÄ ek  <jaromir.dolecek%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
Le mar. 18 déc. 2018 à 13:16, Maxime Villard <max%m00nbsd.net@localhost> a écrit :
It is clear that COMPAT_SVR4 is completely buggy, but to be clear on the
use of the code:

+1 to removal for COMPAT_SVR4, there is always attic.

I remember I've been also doing some mechanical changes in the area in
past, and also encountered things which were broken just by casual
browsing. Which I did not fix because I did not have "srv4" binary I
would need to run. It's simply not useful any more.

Just remove it already :-) If we want it back we can resurrect it.

christos

so, I will remove

Done.

While I'm at it, there was a conversation about compat_ibcs2 [1]. See
the thread, basically it is a compat for SVR3 on Vax. It seems that no
one knew exactly what was the purpose of it.

Maybe something we could retire as well (even though it likely isn't
as broken as compat_svr4). Don't know, throwing this here in case
someone cares.

[1] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-vax/2017/08/02/msg003024.html