Re: Path to kmods

Robert Elz wrote:
    Date:        Thu, 13 Nov 2008 15:09:05 +0000
    From:        Andrew Doran <ad%NetBSD.org@localhost>

  | Rather than waste any more time arguing
  | about whether or not we should take the path of least resistance, I will
  | resolve any differences that matter.

The case that interests me most would be making NFS a module (which along
with the other *fs's is, I would assume, a reasonable candidate), having a
"generic" compile of the NFS module (which would include defining INET6,
and INET) and then loading it into a kernel where one (or perhaps even both)
of INET6 and INET has been disabled at compile time.

Don't we get into a chicken and egg situation here?
The FS is a module, but we need the FS in order to load the module.

        Johnny