Re: 9.1 install comments

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 04:05:17PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Still not sure why the boot code question ended up differently for me,
> but the x86 specific boot selection code is a mess that should be
> simplified.

I just fixed the 2048 forced start part of the issue, but it still will not
let you pick start = 4, as MBR reserves the full first track, so now you will
end up with start=63 most likely.

I also fixed the boot code selection bug - it will only force the
bootselection MBR code now if there is more than 1 partition.

The menu now becomes (for the zeroed  start of disk case):

 The bootcode in the Master Boot Record does not appear to be valid.

 Do you want to install the NetBSD bootcode?

                               + Yes or no?    |
                               +>a: Yes        |
                               + b: No         |

Martin