9.1 install comments

I just tried to install 9.1 on a work amd64 machine.  I ran into
various issues, all the way from as trivial as an obvious typo in the
INSTALL document to as serious as "this would have stopped or severely
delayed me if I weren't an experienced sysadmin with a good deal of
infrastructure already set up".

Is there somewhere appropriate for the whole list, or should I generate
one PR per issue, or what?  Maybe should I just list them here so
people can suggest which ones could usefully go together?

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign