Re: Issues with native build of -10 on VAX

Hi Kalvis!

On Sat, 2023-12-16 08:52:33 +1100, Kalvis Duckmanton <kalvisd%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> On 13/12/23 13:47, Kalvis Duckmanton wrote:
> > For what it's worth, my invocation of 'build.sh build' finished
> > yesterday without errors, I'm running 'build.sh release' at the moment.
>
> 'build.sh release' has finished without errors.  I've upgraded a test SIMH
> instance using the result and the instance boots without any surprises.  The
> tests in /usr/tests have been run and these have all passed.

To sum up this thread: You built a VAX image with two remaining
outstanding patches, and that image is able to build itself? That's a
great success story! I haven't followed how all your patches were
handled. Are they also already sent upstream?

  So I guess the remaining patches will find their way into -current.
Where are we heading from there? Giving C++ exceptions some testing?
GCC 12 with all of Maciej's new stuff? Python?

Thanks a lot!,
  Jan-Benedict