Re: Address of second TMSCP controller

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 at 22:51, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Given I have a copy of the latest netbsd-9 branch source sitting idle
> on a machine anyway, it should be a simple matter of:
>
> printf 'include "arch/vax/conf/GENERIC"\nmtc1 at uba? csr 160404\n' >
> sys/arch/vax/conf/GENERIC_MTC1 && ./build.sh -U -m vax tools
> kernel=GENERIC_MTC1
>
> (I'm curious to see if I have that right - I'll let you know later
> after it's rumbled through building a cross gcc and all the other
> bits)

http://sync.absd.org/vax/kernels/netbsd-9-mtc1.gz :)
This is with csr of 160404

> [Ragge's comment about stripping down kernels]
>
> ... how could I forget - I've been spoiled with too many RAM rich
> machines. To be fair GENERIC on vax doesn't include USB - you need
> GENERIC_USB for that :)
>
> If you want to paste in a dmesg I'll also run up a stripped down UVAX2
> config (I can't find any of my old ones!)

Ran up a quick UVAX2 config (stripped non uVAX II devices and a few
other things). It still have IPv6 and a _whole_ lot of other stuff
which could be trimmed.

http://sync.absd.org/vax/kernels/UVAX2
http://sync.absd.org/vax/kernels/netbsd-9-uvax2.gz

David