Re: Address of second TMSCP controller

> In addition to a broken TK70, which is being recognised fine by
> NetBSD as mt0, I want to use a 40/80GB DLT on a Dilog SQ703 SCSI
> TMSCP adapter.

> NetBSD doesn't recognise it on booting.=C2=A0 I don't see anything
> about addressing in the hardware wiki, does anybody know the address
> where NetBSD looks for a second controller?

As far as I can tell, it doesn't.  The only TMSCP device I see is

mtc*		at uba? csr 0174500	# Tape MSCP ctlr

Since there's no other mtc in sight, I rather wonder why it's mtc*
rather than mtc0 - perhaps for machines with multiple buses?

I imagine you could add a second mtc line to your config at whatever
address you put your Dilog card at.  ISTR that DEC had a bunch of rules
for such addresses - the phrase "floating CSR space" comes to mind -
but I don't think anything keeps you from putting it anywhere as long
as (a) it doesn't overlap with any other device and (b) you tell the
kernel where you put it (in your second mtc line).

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign