Re: Address of second TMSCP controller

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 at 20:17, Nigel Johnson <nw.johnson%ieee.org@localhost> wrote:

> David that is awfully nice of you, but I had no idea it would be necessary to rebuild!  It is 9.1. Obviously I am not going to be able to do that on the MVII since my wife would complain about the noise if it was left running for 11 nights! (Assuming 1 VUP :-) )

I suspect it would take longer that with the paging hell modern gcc
would trigger :)

> I really don't want to put you to the trouble - the TK70 and my other drive, a TK50, are both borked anyway,. so maybe I should just put the Dilog at the main CSR.
>
> Right now it is at 160404/160406 but I can change it pretty easily.

Given I have a copy of the latest netbsd-9 branch source sitting idle
on a machine anyway, it should be a simple matter of:

printf 'include "arch/vax/conf/GENERIC"\nmtc1 at uba? csr 160404\n' >
sys/arch/vax/conf/GENERIC_MTC1 && ./build.sh -U -m vax tools
kernel=GENERIC_MTC1

(I'm curious to see if I have that right - I'll let you know later
after it's rumbled through building a cross gcc and all the other
bits)

[Ragge's comment about stripping down kernels]

... how could I forget - I've been spoiled with too many RAM rich
machines. To be fair GENERIC on vax doesn't include USB - you need
GENERIC_USB for that :)

If you want to paste in a dmesg I'll also run up a stripped down UVAX2
config (I can't find any of my old ones!)

David