Re: Address of second TMSCP controller

Note that a tailored kernel may give a huge speedup compared to the generic.
This is the fact when dealing with old hardware - even if it do not matter on new machines it is quite significant to do that on older machines.

-- R

Den 2021-01-26 kl. 21:17, skrev Nigel Johnson:

David that is awfully nice of you, but I had no idea it would be necessary to rebuild!  It is 9.1. Obviously I am not going to be able to do that on the MVII since my wife would complain about the noise if it was left running for 11 nights! (Assuming 1 VUP :-) )

I really don't want to put you to the trouble - the TK70 and my other drive, a TK50, are both borked anyway,. so maybe I should just put the Dilog at the main CSR.

Right now it is at 160404/160406 but I can change it pretty easily.

cheers,

Nigel

Nigel Johnson, MSc., MIEEE, MCSE VE3ID/G4AJQ/VA3MCU
Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!
Skype:  TILBURY2591 nw.johnson%ieee.org@localhost

On 2021-01-26 3:08 p.m., David Brownlee wrote:
Hi Nigel

This is building a NetBSD kernel from its config, which is typically
in sys/arch/vax/config/GENERIC in a NetBSD source tree.

If you can confirm what NetBSD version you're running I'd be happy to
drop a pre-built one back, and/or help you get setup to build.

You should be able to download NetBSD source,
(https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-fetch.html - or pull from
github mirror) then on a faster box (BSD/Linux) run

./build.sh -U -m vax tools kernel=GENERIC

David