Re: Address of second TMSCP controller

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 at 13:08, Nigel Johnson <nw.johnson%ieee.org@localhost> wrote:

> Right now, just 12.  I have to make up a four-way cable to put in the third 4mB board! It's slow as molasses in January!

It's a uVAX II - the only way to make it fast is using a trebuchet :-p

Seriously though, modern NetBSD is targeted towards a much heavier
memory and compute footprint.

One thing to check is if you have makemandb running on initial boot -
it will chew up pretty much the entire machine for quite a while until
it rebuilds the manpage search index. You can set makemandb=NO in
/etc/rc.conf

If you're looking for a possibly interesting benchmark to run, you
could build a distribution with NOPIC defined and compare how long it
takes to boot (binaries will be bigger, but you lose the dynamic
linking overhead which I think is quite high on NetBSD/vax)

Good luck with the extra cable!

David