Re: Address of second TMSCP controller

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 at 12:57, Mouse <mouse%rodents-montreal.org@localhost> wrote:

> > In addition to a broken TK70, which is being recognised fine by
> > NetBSD as mt0, I want to use a 40/80GB DLT on a Dilog SQ703 SCSI
> > TMSCP adapter.
>
> > NetBSD doesn't recognise it on booting.=C2=A0 I don't see anything
> > about addressing in the hardware wiki, does anybody know the address
> > where NetBSD looks for a second controller?
>
> As far as I can tell, it doesn't.  The only TMSCP device I see is
>
> mtc*            at uba? csr 0174500     # Tape MSCP ctlr
>
> Since there's no other mtc in sight, I rather wonder why it's mtc*
> rather than mtc0 - perhaps for machines with multiple buses?

Maybe its to allow you to define mtc0 at an alternate address and then
include GENERIC (for those who want to mess with the head of anyone
trying to match physical hardware to mtc device number :-p)

(Also congratulates Nigel for getting the uVAX II up and running! Do
you have the full 17^W16MB of memory? :)

David