Re: more on proff crash building native

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009, Brad Parker wrote:

I would suggested that if ssh is the symptom, the problem is tcp.

I would try using something simple like ttcp, but add code to check the
data.  if there is a problem I would think ttcp would find it in short
order.

When I was trying to copy my source tree from my amd64 build system to the disk (on the 4000/VLC) at the time, it was failing when using ssh and untarring the output of ssh. I then installed ttcp (my build system didn't have rsh enabled) and was able to use ttcp as the transfer pipe. I then tested running ssh on the amd64 system and that transfer appeared to work correctly (I was just listing the tar file since I already had a copy on disk, and didn't see any of the skipping message I got when running ssh on the vax).

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant