Re: more on proff crash building native

David Brownlee wrote:

>       It was a putty window that choked, so the actual failure behaviour
>       might vary. How hard is this error to trigger? Can someone who
>       has a repeatable test case try it over ssh localhost to eliminate
>       the network card, or possibly on a vax with a different network
>       chipset?

I would suggested that if ssh is the symptom, the problem is tcp.

I would try using something simple like ttcp, but add code to check the
data.  if there is a problem I would think ttcp would find it in short
order.

I have seen the "cvs confused by protocol problem" also.  This was on a
simulated vax780 with a simulated deuna, so I doubt it's hardware related.

-brad