Re: vax port status

Yes, except (and i'm sorry i forgot that) for the build-restarts needed because of groff segfaulting. I was so used to these segfaults i forgot about that completely. The exclusion of the regression tests are for speed, not because of a problem. Since i don't use the VAX "productive", i felt i could live without regression tests.
Of course, i could give them a try, if it helps.

Because of the recent mail activity on this subject i want to start a fresh build of -current tomorrow, anyway. So i'll include the regression tests, then, and report any new problems.

Btw.: i never had any lockups with this machine; this was mentioned recently as an open problem. This could be because i have 448 MBytes RAM installed and the machine hardly ever swaps...

ms

Gordon Zaft wrote:
 Just to clarify, you were able to install 4.0.1, then build -current
natively on your 4000/705?  You say you excluded the regression tests,
why is that?  Speed?  A workaround for a problem?

 Thanks, I am trying to get a handle on the current status and it's
very confusing.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Michael Schneider