Re: Native build...

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih%Hamartun.Priv.NO@localhost> writes:

> I deliberatedly quit a long-running 'top', whose parent shell had been
> swapped out.  This now caused the VAX to drop to the chevron prompt,
> claiming an 'ISP ERR'.

...and the PC tells me that it happened in /sys/arch/vax/vax/trap.c, at
line 125 of version 1.112 of that file:

void
trap(struct trapframe *frame)
{
        u_int   sig = 0, type = frame->trap, code = 0;
        u_int   rv, addr;
        bool trapsig = true;
        const bool usermode = USERMODE_P(frame);;
        struct  lwp *l;
        struct  proc *p;
        u_quad_t oticks = 0;
        struct vmspace *vm;
        struct vm_map *map;
        vm_prot_t ftype;

        l = curlwp;
        KASSERT(l != NULL);
==>     p = l->l_proc;
        KASSERT(p != NULL);
        uvmexp.traps++;
        if (usermode) {
                type |= T_USER;
                oticks = p->p_sticks;
                l->l_addr->u_pcb.framep = frame;
                LWP_CACHE_CREDS(l, p);
        }

        type &= ~(T_WRITE|T_PTEFETCH);

-tih
--
Self documenting code isn't. User application constraints don't. --Ed Prochak