Re: shutdown -p panics on SS10

> On Jun 22, 2023, at 7:11 PM, Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:
>
> I'm guessing here - I didn't write the double-quoted text above - but I
> suspect a fully-fleshed-out version of this would be
>
> - run "shutdown now"
> - wait for it to reach single-user (assuming it doesn't crash)
> - run "umount -va"
> - wait for it to complete (assuming it doesn't crash)
> - run "halt"
> - wait for shutdown to complete (assuming it doesn't crash)

Okay that makes sense.  I did this multiple times and this is how it went:

# 1	As soon as I chose Quit in CTWM to leave X it panicked.  Didn’t even make it back to shell.
# 2	Success
# 3	Success
# 4	Panic at ‘halt’

So just to try something else, do boot/install .iso’s get built daily ?  I’m looking for an easy way to try 10.  I use ZuluSCSI SD adapters so it’s very easy to just try it out on a different SD card.

Thanks.