Re: shutdown -p panics on SS10

So I’m pretty sure I figured this out.

I’m a bit embarrassed to say this seems to have been a hardware issue.  I had a mix of DIMM sizes installed.  I did use the service manual instructions on DIMM ordering, I had 2 x 64s installed first, and 32s filling up the rest.

The reason I really thought this was a software bug was that OBP never complained, nothing nasty in dmesg etc.  I have since reinstalled the DIMMs to be homogeneous.  Ever since then I haven’t had a panic (knock on wood).  Thanks for everyone’s insight and ideas.

PS: I will update the PR with a summary of this as well and request closure.