Re: shutdown -p panics on SS10

>> Not that I expect a different final result, but could you try
>> starting & exiting X, then "shutdown now", "umount -va", then "halt"
>> ? :)

> I can try this later this evening.

> Perhaps a dumb question, should I run this as:

> $ shutdown now ; umount -va ; halt

> Or do I just need to type fast ? :)

I'm guessing here - I didn't write the double-quoted text above - but I
suspect a fully-fleshed-out version of this would be

- run "shutdown now"
- wait for it to reach single-user (assuming it doesn't crash)
- run "umount -va"
- wait for it to complete (assuming it doesn't crash)
- run "halt"
- wait for shutdown to complete (assuming it doesn't crash)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign