Re: shutdown -p panics on SS10

Hi,

vom513 wrote:
On the SS20 - shutdown -p works as expected, sending the power-off signal to hardware and the machine goes dark.

On the SS10 - it panics and reboots every time.

I have an SS20 running 9.x ...it shut downs properly, but is not completely stable, after a while the machine  needs a reboot because it spits out memory allocation issues. RAM should be good, changed most modules and a single warm restart fixes everything.

I have an SS10 still running 8.2 - it is literally rock stable, so I am very hestiant upgrading it to 9.x... fearing the same issue. It powers down perfectly. It is annoying that it will not powerup with a "switch on the back" without cycling, but that I belive is an issue with the SS10 switch which is not a toggle.

I run both system headless.

This would narrow down the issue to either your SS10... or a change in NetBSD 9 vs 8.

Riccardo