Port-newsmips archive

Re: HD size & NWS-3710

Which bootdisk to use nowadays? Can I use ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6.1/newsmips/installation/floppy/boot.fs or there is a bootdisk that would work happier in my 3710? I am wondering because right now I am using an old boot image that has worked before but seems to be giving now interesting error messages regarding gzip:

    Command: progress -zf /mnt/usr/INSTALL/misc.tgz tar -xepf -

gzip: unknown option -- l
  6599 KB  194.03 KB/s