Re: NetBSD/hpcmips userland crashes (Re: IBM Workpad z50 dmesg collection)

On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 at 21:53, Warner Losh <imp%bsdimp.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 24, 2023, 10:27 PM David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 at 14:50, Michael <allstarzero%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi! I have a MobilePro 780 and a MobilePro 790 I can test on.
>>
>> Hi Michael - that could definitely be two useful data points :)
>>
>> Could I ask if netbsd-7 ran without issues on them, and from netbsd-8
>> they started showing random binary crashes and core dumps?
>
> I have this machine... but I stopped running it around NetBSD 4 or 5... it worked fine, but 8 did not when I pulled it out of mothballs and tried to upgrade...
>
> Warner

If you have time would you be willing to throw netbsd-7 onto it (as
the last known working version, and a useful base to test newer
kernels?)

(Now building 2016-07-01 to 2016-08-01 using a quick chroot of
netbsd-8 binaries to pick up a compiler old enough to easily
cross-build gcc from that era :)

Thanks

David