Re: NetBSD/hpcmips userland crashes (Re: IBM Workpad z50 dmesg collection)

On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 at 14:50, Michael <allstarzero%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hi! I have a MobilePro 780 and a MobilePro 790 I can test on.

Hi Michael - that could definitely be two useful data points :)

Could I ask if netbsd-7 ran without issues on them, and from netbsd-8
they started showing random binary crashes and core dumps?

If so, then they may be showing similar behaviour to the z50 (which is
useful as a confirmation). If not, then that's different (but also
useful :) data.

If they are showing similar behaviour to the z50 then it might also be
good to confirm if the 2016-07-01 and 2016-08-01 kernels from
https://sync.absd.org/hpcmips/ boot fine when used with a standard
netbsd-7 install.

My build box now has an old enough gcc added (gcc7), so I can run
through build.sh for the intervening days to try to narrow down which
specific change introduced the issues. (I spent 30 seconds looking at
the output of './build.sh -h' trying to work out how to tell it to use
a different initial compiler to start its cross compile build before
realising "Ah, just set PATH" - it's been a long (unrelated) week...)

Thanks

David