Re: Atheros Bluetooth on Mac Mini G4 1.42

> I'm sorry if that came across as antagonizing, it was not intended
> that way.
>
> Ah, sorry, my minis don't have onboard bt/wifi cards, so I didn't
> realize it was the onboard one.
>
> Absolutely nothing in dmesg (no "not configured" or anything)?  Boot
> with -v (verbose)?  Have you tried drvctl(8) and usbdevs(8)?
>
> Since I don't have them, I'm not sure how/if the BT should be seen
> from OFW.  ofctl(8) should print you the OFW device tree, e.g.

> ff999a70:     /usb@1a
> ff9a1ca8:     /usb@1b
> ff9a9f38:     /usb@1b,1
> ff9d8028:       /disk@1
> ff9b21c8:     /usb@1b,2
>
> -uwe

Everything has been helpful, thank you, and I appreciate you spotting the
incorrect path -- glad you made sure I ultimately got the right one to
copy the firmware.

Your great suggestions and sending me down the right path (again) to debug
reminded me I bought this Mac Mini G4 1.42 used from eBay -- it was an
impulse buy because I knew it would be fun to put NetBSD 10 on it. And I
don't really know for sure what's under the cover :)

I knew it had wifi and I can successfully have the bwi driver load the
(downloaded) firmware for that.

So, my next steps:

1) Crack open this little device and see what hardware I actually bought!
2) Build a custom kernel with more debug info.

Thanks again,
Joel