Re: Atheros Bluetooth on Mac Mini G4 1.42

On Tue, May 07, 2024 at 19:21:20 -0000, joelp%sdf.org@localhost wrote:

> Following man aubtfwl.4, I downloaded the firmware and copied to
> /stand/macppc/10.0/modules/ubt/.
[...]
> I have no idea how that happened, but it at least made me look at
> aubtfwl.4.

The next xref to follow from aubtfwl(4) is:

  The firmware files should be obtained and placed in a ubt/ directory
  in the search path of the firmload(9) kernel subsystem.

And firmload(9) says:

FILES
     Default search path for firmware
     /libdata/firmware
     /usr/libdata/firmware
     /usr/pkg/libdata/firmware
     /usr/pkg/libdata

So no wonder it didn't file the firmware in /stand :)

-uwe