Re: Atheros Bluetooth on Mac Mini G4 1.42

On Wed, May 08, 2024 at 16:36:11 -0000, joelp%sdf.org@localhost wrote:

> > Please, can you make the story more linear?  Can you make sure the
> > firmware is in the right directory (your first mail said it was under
> > /stand, but now it's under /libdata), then boot without the device
> > plugged in.  Then plug in the device after the system is booted,
> > preferably into the mini itself, without any usb hubs, just in case.
>
> I merely incorrectly pasted the wrong path in my original email
>  -- it happens :) Kindly understand that I have the downloaded firmware
> files under /libdata/firmware per aubtfwl.4 and firmload.9.

I'm sorry if that came across as antagonizing, it was not intended
that way.

> The Atheros Bluetooth on the Mac Mini G4 is not an external USB device
> (it's internally part of the Mac Mini G4). I do not have an external USB
> hub.
>
> With that:
>
> Does anyone successfully have the Mac Mini G4 onboard Atheros Bluetooth
> working with NetBSD 10?

Ah, sorry, my minis don't have onboard bt/wifi cards, so I didn't
realize it was the onboard one.

Absolutely nothing in dmesg (no "not configured" or anything)?  Boot
with -v (verbose)?  Have you tried drvctl(8) and usbdevs(8)?

Since I don't have them, I'm not sure how/if the BT should be seen
from OFW.  ofctl(8) should print you the OFW device tree, e.g.

ff999a70:     /usb@1a
ff9a1ca8:     /usb@1b
ff9a9f38:     /usb@1b,1
ff9d8028:       /disk@1