Re: Troubleshooting netboot on a PowerMac G4 Cube

Valery Ushakov <uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost> writes:
> On Mon, Aug 08, 2022 at 19:43:22 +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
>> "Too big" for our bootloader, not physical ram. But load-base
>> is a good thing to try and could help here.

> My canned advice for this is to try ofwboot.elf instead of ofwboot.xcf
> as a kludge (the suffix indicates the format of the ofwboot binary
> itself, it's the same code otherwise).

Unsurprisingly (IMO anyway), ofwboot.elf behaves exactly the same.
But thanks for taking an interest!

On the way to trying Martin's suggestion of installing from a
diskless NFS setup, I hit a stumbling block I was not expecting:
9.3 does not see the machine's keyboard, so I can't type anything.
I tried 9.2 with the same result.  However, HEAD from a few days
ago does recognize the keyboard, so I guess it's going to be
bleeding edge for me.

Looking at HEAD's dmesg output, it looks like the keyboard path
is uhub2 -> uhub3 -> uhidev2, while 9.3 fails to notice uhub3
and therefore also not uhidev2.  I wonder if somebody fixed things
for nested USB hubs and didn't back-port.

			regards, tom lane