Re: Troubleshooting netboot on a PowerMac G4 Cube

On Sun, Aug 07, 2022 at 05:01:35PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> comma in the kernel file specification*.  The syntax that works
> for me is
>
> 	boot enet:,ofwboot.xcf enet:/netbsd-GENERIC_MD.gz
>
> (and you can't leave out the "/").  Is this specific to my Open
> Firmware version?  It seems like it ought to be mostly a function
> of ofwboot not OF proper.

I would expect the correct command to be

	boot enet:ofwboot.xcf enet:/netbsd-GENERIC_MD.gz

as the "0," prefix would be a partition detail and the network loader
would not load any partitioning.

Have you tried (just for a test) to boot the plain GENERIC kernel that
way? The MD variant could be too big, and you could use a NFS root
to work around that.

Martin