Re: install files on mac UFS partition (mac mini G4)

Hi David,

On 04.11.21 13:43, David Brownlee wrote:
Do we know which other macs can boot from MBR disks? Does it work to
install onto a USB drive (very handy for testing :)?

I don't know about other Macs, but for the mac mini G$, I can say that
it does boot from a USB CD-ROM drive, but it does not boot from USB
flash-drives.
I have't tried connecting an external USB disk.

Thanks - that's good to know (in a "Grrr Apple" sense :)

I think that the USB Flash-drives where not really a thing in 2005 when the mac mini G$ was introduced, and I do remember that a USB flashsdrive does present itself differently to the host then a USB drive (and surely differently then a USB CDROM drive).

A small question.
Does the netbsd/macppc community (or the netbsd in general) have a
matrix room, or an IRC channel for interactive chat?

There is #netbsd:nil.im for general NetBSD chat - (quick link
https://matrix.to/#/#netbsd:nil.im for anyone who wants to dip in
using a web browser)

In the matrix.org directory, I found three references to netbsd:
one on nil.im
one in matrix.org which seems to have been replaced by the latter
one on freenode, which I guess, is a bridge to an IRC channel.

I'll try to work on this weekend and see if I can this fixed. (I really need to find that shop wher you can buy that 4 additional hours per day :-) )

Kr.

David